Welcome to the Murray Family Blog! Please leave a comment, the Kids love to see who is watching them grow!!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

THE PEARL

It is amazing to me that something so big can sail in the ocean with out sinking. The Pearl is 965 feet long, weighs 93,530 tons and travels at 25 knots with a diesel electric engine. There were approx 2394 passengers and 1084 crew members on board. I realize some of these pictures are funny but they are mostly for my memories. The next posts cover the food and fun on the ship. There are 14 decks on the ship. We were on deck 10 room 10567. Carol and Derrek were just down the hall. I was constantly turned around on the ship. The one good thing is that the carpet was covered with fish and of course the fish swim up steam towards the front of the boat. our deck Which Way? I wasn't the only on confused at times. Our room was a nice little place. I imagined a tiny full bed with no room to breath but it wasn't, it was great. The maid placed animal towels on our beds a few nights when they turned down the bed. It was nice to be waited on for a week. I miss this part. There was a TV in the room with a station showing the video from the front of the boat. You could see what was going on right from your room. Each stair well had beautiful pictures of different sea animals. This was our meeting place for emergencies. After trying to get off the boat the first day I can see why they want you to meet somewhere besides the stair wells. I really enjoyed watching the water from the back of the ship. Jason enjoyed watching the coast guard with their loaded machine guns.

1 comment:

Shea, Kim, Hunter, Reagan, Samantha said...

Hi Connie and Ashlee~Cute Blog. The Cruise looks amazing!! You did a great job documenting it. I'm sure my parents didn't even take a camera so it was fun for me to see where they are!!